With so much going on in the world these days it’s hard to know what you can do to make a difference. If you have seen the calls to action for the Black Lives Matter movement and want to get involved but don’t know where to start, look no further than Detroit.
When you support black-owned businesses you are helping not only an individual entrepreneur but an entire community. Here are SOME local black-owned businesses you can support by placing an order, signing up for a class or give them a follow on social media. If we all do a little, a lot can happen.
- Take an online class with Ganbaru Detroit Ninja Gym or Lil Dumplins
- Order your family some face masks from DCreated Boutique
- Plan a post-quarantine playdate at Kidz Kingdom or Social Tykes
- Expand your circle and join the Detroit Mama Hub
- Welcome a new toy into the family – Zoe from the Healthy Roots Dolls
- Fuel up for a busy day with coffee from Narrow Way Cafe
- Buy a pie for you (and a friend) from Sweet Potato Sensations or Good Cakes and Bakes
- Get a gift card and make plans to try classes at Live Cycle Delight and Vibe Ride
- Select personalized jewelry from The Personal Jeweler
- Get new make-up for mom or lip gloss to little from The Lip Bar
- Add to your book collection with finds for you and the kids at Source Booksellers
- Place your order for a family meal:
Photo credit: Twitter @Ms_Aija