Christmas Break is the perfect time to get out the house and hit the time, check the final items off your 2021 list and get the new year off on a great start! Here’s a list of over 100 places we visit this year (and loved) or check out these other ideas to make the most of your time off school and work.
Take A Staycation @ Great Lakes Crossing
Your kids will feel like you’ve travelled a million miles and have memories for a lifetime after an afternoon at Legoland Discovery Center and SEALIFE Michigan! LEGOLAND Discovery Center Michigan is the ultimate indoor LEGO playground – hop on rides, watch a 4D movie, play at the playscape and get creative in one (or all) of the themed LEGO building block areas. At SEALIFE Michigan, kids with be awed by over 250 species and engaging exhibits.
Brighten Up Your Night
The nice thing about early darkness is that there’s more time to take in the lights before bedtime! There’s something magical about holiday lights and there are plenty of places to find them around town.
- Wayne County Lightfest @ Hines Drive
- Starry Lights @ The Ford House (Grosse Pointe Shores)
- Glenlore Trails: Aurora (Commerce)
- Magic of Lights (Clarkston)
- Wild Lights @ The Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
Museums are always fun and these unique exhibits and events make the visit even more special.
- Winter @ Valade Park
- Stickwork Sculpture @ Eliza Howell Park
- Swinging Bells @ Beacon Park
- Explore the DIA
- FREE Sundays @ Detroit Historical Museum
Hit the Ice Rink
Winter has arrived and ice skating is a fun seasonal sport. Bundle up and go skating at an outdoor rink!
- Blake Farms (Armada)
- The Rink @ Campus Martius (Detroit)
- Dodge Park (Sterling Heights)
- Buhr Arena (Ann Arbor)
Plan A Park Date
When you can’t gather indoors, bundle up and head out! Go for a nature walk or let kids run around on the playground while you catch up with extended family or friends over the holiday.
- 5 Coolest Playgrounds In Metro Detroit
- Metro Detroit Family Hiking Guide
- 12 Easy Nature Walks To Do With Kids
Celebrate The ‘Noon’ Year
It’s been a year! Let’s celebrate the end of 2021 and look forward to the new year. Head to the Mitten Drop at Canterbury Village or have fun at home.
Photo credit: Ford House