When you want to get away for a day, head up north and check out these can’t miss Mid-Michigan destinations the entire family will love.
You can easily spend the day at Dow Gardens. The expansive landscape offers a multitude of gardens the entire family will enjoy – including the nation’s longest canopy walk, 1,400 feet long, soaring up to 40 feet above the ground. There’s a creative playground and a newly renovated cafe with a play area and affordable snacks!
- Hours: Tuesdays – Sunday 10am to 6:30pm; by appointment
- Admission: $10 adults, $2 youth ages 6 to 17, and children 5 and younger are free.
The Saginaw Zoo is the perfect size for families and brimming with fun activities. Visit animals from around the world including wolves, penguins, kangaroos and a crocodile. See a show in the amphitheater, go on a train ride or hop on the carousal, dig for dinosaur bones and run wild at the playground. No matter where you explore you will enjoy the views because the zoo has beautiful gardens throughout and a floating bridge on a lily pond you can walk across.
- Hours: 10am – 5pm daily
- Admission: $5 per person, babies under 1 are free.
Check off all the fall fun activities off your list! Get lost in three corn mazes, find the perfect pumpkin in the patch, let the kids run around inflatable playground ad petting zoo before going on a wagon and barrel train ride. Of course you’ll also want to fill up on cider and donuts.
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 11am to 9pm; Friday 11am to 10pm; Saturday 10am to 10pm and Sunday 11am to 9pm
- Admission: $12 ages 13+; $8 ages 3 to 12; and children 2 and younger are free.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..