Looking for things to do over the holiday weekend, here are kid-friendly options in metro Detroit.
Attend A New Year’s Eve Party
Ring in the new/noon year at one of these kid-friendly metro Detroit celebrations.
- Kid’s NYE Party @ Detroit City Fieldhouse
- Kid’z Drop Celebration @ Canterbury Village
- New Year’s Eve Party @ Castaway Play
- New Year’s Eve Skate @ United Skates of America
- Harry Potter Holiday Skate & Ball Drop @ Downtown Farmington
- Rockin’ NYE Ball Drop @ Downtown Wyandotte
Start 2022 On A High Note
Spend Time Outside
Bundle up and start the year outside with a New Year’s Day hike. Here’s a list of some of the best trails in metro Detroit. If your kids prefer traditional playtime, surprise them with a trip to a NEWplayground – Innovation Hills (Rochester Hills), Lower Huron Metropark (Belleville) or Normandy Oaks (Royal Oaks).
Enjoy Family Movie Night
Stay Up Late
Hold on to the holiday break a little longer and take an evening stroll through a festive light show.
- Wild Lights @ Detroit Zoo, Royal Oak
- Starry Lights @ The Ford House, Grosse Pointe Shores
- Glenlore Trails: Aurora, Commerce
Photo credit: Wild Lights at Detroit Zoo