The weather is warmer, the flowers are blooming and it’s time to get out of the house and on the town! Here are our favorite family activities to do this spring!
Take A Hike
After months of being cooped up inside, nothing feels nicer than some fresh air. Put on your walking shoes, get the baby carrier/stroller and check out our guide to the best places for families to hike in Metro Detroit.
Visit Farm Animals
A new season brings new life to the farm. Bring your littles for a farm visit to meet baby animals.
- Heritage Petting Farm (Taylor)
- Dominos Farm (Ann Arbor)
- Maybury Farm (Northville)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Wolcott Mill Farm Center (Ray)
- Calder Dairy Farm (Carleton)
Take A Train Ride
A big circle can be a big trip for a little kid! Hop on the train and get ready for a railway adventure, or watch miniature trains travel Saturdays from 11am to 5pm at the Redford Model Railroad Club.
- Greenfield Village (Dearborn) – Thomas Arrives on April 27th
- Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad (Flint)
- Detroit Zoo’s Tauber Family Railroad (Royal Oak)
Have Some Old-Fashioned Fun
Pack a lunch, some bubbles, chalk and balls and turn off your phone for an afternoon picnic at a local historic village.
- Greenmead Historical Park (Livonia)
- Mill Race Village (Northville)
- Troy Historic Village (Troy)
- Heritage Park (Taylor)
Check Out A Farmers Market
Skip the grocery store and head to a local farmers market for fresh food, live music and more.
Go To A Ball Game
Order hot dogs, cheesy nachos or giant pretzels and get ready to enjoy America’s favorite pastime! There’s a few places to watch a baseball game around town…but if you’ve had your fill from little league, switch up the sport and come root for Le Rouge (our very own semi-pro soccer team) at Keyworth Stadium.
- Detroit Tigers @ Comerica Park: Kids Opening Day is Sunday, April 7th and every Sundays kids can ride the carousal + ferris wheel for free and run the bases after the game.
- Toledo Mud Hens @ Fifth Third Field: Sunday brunch with mascots, kid run the bases, Inflatable Theme Park activities and more!
- Detroit City Football Club @ Keyworth Stadium: Food trucks and soccer fun.
- United Shore Professional Baseball League @ Jimmy John’s Field: Friday night fireworks and Sunday theme nights.
From Easter Egg Hunts and Easter Bunny visits, to Earth Day and Mother’s Day, there are lots of special events happening around town. Start making plans and check out our event guides:
Photo credit: Facebook