Spring is here and it’s time to get out of the house and on the town. Here are our favorite family activities to do this spring!
Take A Hike
After months of being cooped up inside, nothing feels nicer than some fresh air. Put on your walking shoes, get the baby carrier/stroller and check out our guide to the best places for families to hike in Metro Detroit.
Easter is April 9th and you can find egg hunts, bunny brunches and more all month long!
Visit Farm Animals
A new season brings new life to the farm. Bring your littles for a farm visit to meet baby animals.
- Heritage Petting Farm (Taylor)
- Dominos Farm (Ann Arbor)
- Maybury Farm (Northville)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Wolcott Mill Farm Center (Ray)
- Calder Dairy Farm (Carleton)
Take A Train Ride
All Aboard! Hop on the train and get ready for a railway adventure on big trains and minis.
- Greenfield Village (Dearborn) – Thomas Arrives on May 13th
- Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad (Flint)
- Detroit Zoo’s Tauber Family Railroad (Royal Oak)
- Great Lakes Steamers (Royal Oak & Southgate) – Begins in May
Have Some Old-Fashioned Fun
Pack a lunch, some bubbles, frisbee, kite, chalk and balls and turn off your phone for an afternoon picnic at a local historic village.
- Greenmead Historical Park (Livonia)
- Mill Race Village (Northville)
- Troy Historic Village (Troy)
- Heritage Park (Taylor)
Check Out A Farmers Market
Skip the grocery store and head to a local farmers market for fresh food, live music and more.
Go To A Ball Game
Order hot dogs, cheesy nachos or giant pretzels and get ready to enjoy America’s favorite pastime! There’s a few places to watch a baseball game around town…but if you’ve had your fill from little league, switch up the sport and come root for Le Rouge (our very own semi-pro soccer team) at Keyworth Stadium.
- Detroit Tigers @ Comerica Park: Kids Opening Day is Thursday, April 6th and every Sundays kids can ride the carousal + ferris wheel for free and run the bases after the game.
- Toledo Mud Hens @ Fifth Third Field: Themed nights with super heroes, kid run the bases, and more! Take a trip to Toledo and root for our AAA team!
- Detroit City Football Club @ Keyworth Stadium: Food trucks and soccer fun – check out the men’s and women’s teams!
- United Shore Professional Baseball League @ Jimmy John’s Field: Friday night fireworks and Sunday theme nights, USPBL offers a family-friendly way to watch baseball games.
Photo credit: Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve, Southfield