It’s finally fall. Pull out the sweaters, order pumpkin spiced everything and enjoy the the changes of the season.
Find The Best Cider Donut
Taste test your way through the cider mills in metro Detroit to find your favorite cider and donuts.
Monroe Street Midway
Don’t miss out on the Monroe Street Midway. The downtown destination is open through Sunday, September 25th. Strap on some skates, shoot some hoops and play a friendly round of miniature golf.
Fall Festivals & Fairs
- Fall Festival (Plymouth): September 9th – 11th
- Depot Day (South Lyon): Saturday, September 10th
- Family Fun Day In The Park (Detroit): Saturday, September 10th
- YMCA BIG Block Party (Detroit): Saturday, September 10th
- Harvest Festival (Birmingham): Sunday, September 11
- Fall Festival (Taylor): Friday, September 16th
- Riverfest (Flat Rock): September 16th & 17th
- Pumpkin Festival (Romulus): September 16th -18th
- Fire & Flannel Festival (Wyandotte): September 22nd – 25th
- Heritage Celebration & Hayrides (Farmington Hills): Friday, September 23rd
- Storybook Festival @ The Ford House (Grosse Pointe Shores): Saturday, September 24th
- Pumpkinfest (South Lyon): September 24th & 25th
- Michigan Fall Festival (Lake Orion): September 24th & 25th
- Festival of the Senses (Clinton Township): September 24th & 25th
- Harvestfest (Ann Arbor): Sunday, September 25th
Disney On Ice
Grab your Mickey ears and get ready for non-stop fun when 50 of your favorite Disney friends come to life through world-class ice skating during Disney On Ice. The touring show ‘Celebrate’ is at Little Caesars Arena from September 16th to 18th.
Oktoberfest is BACK! Celebrate locally at Parktoberfest in Downtown Detroit (September 10 & 11) or plan a trip to Frankenmuth (15th – 18th).
If you need an excuse for a weekend getaway (or awesome day trip), head to Grand Rapids and check out Art Prize. The international art competition takes over the downtown area from September 15th to October 2nd and we can’t wait to go! While we’re there, we’re also going to the Grand Rapid’s Children’ Museum to see the temporary Mo Willem’s The Pigeon Comes To Grand Rapids exhibit.
Visit A Petting Farm
Enjoy hands on education with a trip to a petting farm. Let your children visit their favorite animals and feed them too! Here are 8 Petting Farms In Metro Detroit.
North American International Auto Show
From ‘pre-historic’ Flintstone vehicles to the world’s first electric Monster Truck, the Detroit Auto Show will be an indoor and outdoor attraction families won’t want to miss. The North American International Auto Show’s public days are September 17th to 25th.
Planning for fall has never been easier! Check out LittleGuide Detroit’s FREE Fall Magazine with interactive hyperlinks to give you even more information.
Photo credit: Yates Cider Mill