Each day, join LittleGuide on a themed adventure full of activities, crafts, nature and games that will help you and your littles have fun at home. if you’re feeling stir crazy, start making plans for a Family Road Trip with these at-home activities.
CRAFTS, ACTIVITIES + GAMES
- Pull out a map of the United States and start making travel plans
- Play Ticket To Ride
- Make geography a little more fun with the Stack the States app
- Search your quarters at home and see how many states you have – then create a money bank to start saving for your vacation
- Go for a short family road trip (or neighborhood walk) and play a game of Alphabet ‘I Spy’
- Start a family scrapbook with pictures, items, drawings of each state you’ve been to – including the one you live in!
READ, WATCH + LISTEN
- Explore the USA with a fact-filled map book – The 50 States
- Watch your favorite Road Trip Adventure movie – The Goofy Movie, RV or National Lampoon’s Vacation
- Listen to The Family Road Trip Quiz
SNACKS, MEALS + TREATS
- All-American Roadtrip requires Apple Pie
- Pull out the grill and try hot dog topping combos from across the country
- Put together a roadtrip snack kit for movie night
We know that times are hard and resources can be scarce. Please note that these activities are simply meant to be a guide to help you fill the day and inspire ideas that fit your family. Try all of the activities, just a couple, or simply watch a movie and cuddle on couch – whatever makes your family feel happy and safe during times of uncertainty is the best thing to do.
Photo credit: Love Taza