The Detroit Kite Festival on Belle Isle is one of our favorite events each year and we’re thrilled to share that it is returning this summer – mark your calendar for Sunday, July 10th.
If you’re counting down the days to summer, here’s a date to put on your calendar – the Detroit Kite Festival returns to Belle Isle Sunday, July 10th for a full day of FREE family fun. Since 2017 the Detroit Kite Festival has inspired metro Detroiter to grab a kite and enjoy the peaceful pastime. Whether you bring a kite, make one on site or simply sit back and watch the sky, the free family-friendly festival is a LittleGuide Detroit favorite.
Perfect your kite flying techniques this spring and visit one of the recommended locations from the 2020 dispersed Detroit Kite Festival.
Recommended Detroit Parks for Kite Flying
- Belle Isle: Sunset Dr, Detroit, MI 48207
- Gabriel Richard Park : 7130 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48207-3741
- Eliza Howell Park: 23751 Fenkell Ave, Detroit, MI 48223
- Balduck Park: 5271 Canyon St, Detroit, MI 48236
- Rouge Park: 21860 Joy Rd, Detroit, MI 48228
- Chandler Park: 12200 Chandler Park Dr, Detroit, MI 48213
- Palmer Park: 910 Merrill Plaisance St, Detroit, MI 48203
- Alfred Ford Brush Park: 100 Lenox St, Detroit, MI 48215
- Jayne Field: 13200 Conant St, Detroit, MI 48212
Recommended Metro Detroit Parks for Kite Flying
- Lake St. Clair Metropark: 31300 Metro Parkway, Harrison Township, MI 48045
- Kensington Metropark: 4570 Huron River Parkway Milford Michigan 48380
- Maybury State Park: 20145 Beck Road, Northville, MI 48167
- Sterling State Park: 2800 State Park Rd, Monroe, MI 48162
- Pinckney Recreation Area: 8555 Silver Hill Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169
- Nichols Arborteum: 1600 Washington Hts, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Stoney Creek Metropark: 4300 Main Park Dr, Shelby Charter Twp, MI 4831
Photo credit: Facebook