Labor Day weekend will be here before we know it. Start making plans before it’s back to school.
Carnival rides, live music and plenty of fun to be found at a local fair.
- Blake’s Sunflower Festival (Armada)
- Arts, Beats and Eats (Royal Oak)
- Michigan State Fair (Novi)
- Saline Community Fair (Saline)
- Michigan Renaissance Festival (Holly)
Last Chance For Dinosauria
Don’t miss the dinosaurs! Labor Day weekend is the final weekend for Dinosauria at the Detroit Zoo. Check out the immersive walk-through experience that features 29 life-like animatronic dinosaurs, including a towering, 65-foot-long Brachiosaurus!
FREE Museum Admission
The Sloan Museum of Discovery is a must for Michigan families, the brand-new facility offers high-tech, interactive hands-on experiences for kids of all ages. Check it out for FREE Labor Day Weekend, September 2nd to 4th, thanks to the United Way!
Hit the Road!
School is starting and the holiday season isn’t far behind. Get away for a day or the weekend.
- Make a splash at the Aquarium Splash Pad or the stream in Nature’s Neighborhood, it’s the final weekend for those two activities this season at the Toledo Zoo.
- Experience Grand Rapids – the beautiful gardens, go on a safari drive at Deer Tracks Junction, or have hands-on fun at their museums.
- Smell the roses and walk the treetops at Dow Gardens in Midland
- Hit the beach and ride a giant slide in Port Huron
- Follow the freeway to Holland to hit up the beach, Windmill Island Gardens and the Oz Project
Soak Up The Sun
Nearly all of the outdoor pools, splash pads and beaches are closed for the season after Labor Day so send off summer with a splash. Here’s a list of splash pads, beaches, and waterparks in Metro Detroit.
Celebrate Fall With Cider & Donuts
Start fall off right with your favorite seasonal treat.
- Blake’s Orchards (South Lyon)
- Three Cedars Farm (Plymouth)
- Spicer Orchards (Fenton)
- Plymouth Orchard’s & Cider Mill (Plymouth)
- Yates Cider Mill (Rochester)
Photo Credit: Michigan State Fair