Make the most of 4th of July weekend and celebrate American Independence with fun and free activities!
Go To A Parade
Fireworks and the Fourth go together like peanut butter and jelly. Stay up late and watch the sky light up with bright colors during a firework display.
- Fireworks @ Stony Creek Metropark, Shelby Township (Wednesday)
- Fireworks @ Willow Metropark (Thursday)
- Shelby Township Independence Day Fireworks (Thursday)
- Fireworks @ Kensington Metropark, Milford (Friday)
- Fireworks @ Lake Erie Metropark, Browntown (Saturday)
- White Lakes Fireworks (Saturday)
- Tiki Night, Wolverine Lake (Saturday)
- Sterling State Park, Monroe (Saturday)
Head to Garden City for the Bostick Family Light Show from 9:30pm to 11pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Stay late on Sunday for the fireworks show!
Splash & Play
Enjoy fun in the sun! Let the kids get wet and go wild in the water.
- Guide to Metro Detroit Splash Parks
- Inflatable Water Parks in Michigan
- Best Beaches in Metro Detroit
Plan A Picnic Or A BBQ
Pack a basket or the charcoal and eat outside in the sunshine. Here’s a list of our favorite places to picnic and a few of our favorite recipes:
- 50 Stars BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Salad Croissants
- Turkey Burgers
- Antipasto Kabobs
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
Go Out for a Sweet Treat
Take a road trip for some farm fresh ice cream and get a taste of what life was like in 1776.
- Cook’s Farm Dairy – 2950 E Seymour Lake Road Ortonville, MI 48462
- Calder’s Dairy Farm – 9334 Finzel Rd, Carleton, MI 48117
- Crooked Creek Farm Dairy – 75960 Brown Rd, Romeo, MI 48065
Read About the Revolution
Get some more check marks on your Summer Reading list and learn about heroes of the revolution with these fun books.
- John, Paul, George and Ben by Lane Smith
- The Journey of the One and Only Declaration of Independence by Judith St. George
- George Washington’s Teeth by Deborah Chandra
- Worst of Friends by Suzanne Tripp Jurmain
- Independent Dames by Laurie Halse Anderson
Photo credit: Facebook