March is Women’s History Month and Girls on the Run gives every girl a place to grow, connect and shine! Find a program at your local YMCA and register today.
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Girls on the Run strives to help girls do the following:
- Recognize their power and responsibility to be intentional in decision making
- Embrace differences and find strength in connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for themselves and others
Registration is $150 and includes sixteen 75-90 minute Girls On The Run sessions, a journal, bag, t-shirt, enrollment in the end of season 5k and a 5k finisher kit. The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit believes in providing membership and program services to all who desire to participate, scholarship opportunities are available.
Sign up for Girls On The Run at one of eight metro Detroit YMCA locations OR at one of 50 local schools!