Mark your calendar, for a second year, the Detroit Riverfront is hosting the Detroit Harvest Fest & Food Truck Rally along the Dequindre Cut Greenway. Bring the kids for trick or treating, a free (with admission) pumpkin patch, inflatable bounce houses, character visits, more than 50 food trucks and more!
The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy is bringing the Detroit Harvest Fest & Food Truck Rally back to the Dequindre Cut Greenway this fall. on . The popular family-friendly event will have something for everyone, including trick or treating, kid-friendly activities, five stages of musical performances from local artists, the “Cirque de Freightyard” experience and more than 50 food trucks from throughout Metro Detroit and beyond.
Admission is $5 per person for everyone ages 3 and older. The Harvest Fest & Food Truck Rally will run from 11am to 8pm on October 1st and 2nd along the Dequindre Cut. Free parking is available near the Cut’s entrance at Eastern Market (Wilkins St, Detroit, MI 48207).
Family-friendly activities are free with the price of admission and include the following:
- Trick-or-Treating: There will be twelve “official” trick-or-treating stations through out the event. Don’t forget your costumes and come early! Trick-or-treating takes place from 11am to 6pm Saturday & Sunday.
- Pumpkin Patch: There will be a free pumpkin patch located just inside the Gratiot Entrance on the Dequindre Cut from 11am to 6pm Saturday & Sunday. Please note, one pumpkin per child. The pumpkin patch is for children 12 and under.
- Pumpkin Decorating: After you pick your pumpkin, add some stick-on decorations or paint markers! Pumpkin decorating is available from 11am to 6pm Saturday & Sunday.
- Inflatable Fun Park: Featuring an obstacle course, skeeball, slides and other fun inflatable activities, the Inflatable Fun Park will be located just north of the Lafayette Street Entrance near Campbell Terrace.
- Arts ‘n’ Scraps Crafting: Make a seriously spooky or just plain silly mask with recycled materials from Arts ‘n’ Scraps! The station will be located just north of the Lafayette Street Entrance near Campbell Terrace.
- Michigan Science Center Fun: MiSci will be on hand with fun spooky experiments! The museum’s station will be located near the Kids stage and Lafayette entrance.
- Flagstar Bank Kids Stage: Watch circus performers, spooky science shows, magic shows and more!
- Character Meet & Greet: Meet your favorite princesses and superheroes – and stay for story time! Characters will be at near Campbell Terrace from 1pm to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
From east to west the Detroit Riverfront is getting a massive makeover, check out the incredible 5-acre playground Delta Dental is funding at the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Centennial Park that will also open to the public in 2023.
Photo credit: Detroit Riverfront