After a two-year hiatus, the 37th Annual Holiday Walk returns to the Flint Cultural Center campus on December 6th. The holiday event brings together nearly a dozen venues for an evening of FREE family-friendly fun.
The Holiday Walk takes place on the 33-acre campus of the Flint Cultural Center on Tuesday, December 6th from 5pm to 8pm. Visitors will enjoy a new holiday light display, festive live music, holiday theatre performances, seasonal crafts, free planetarium holiday sampler shows, and photos with Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus and more!
Arrive by 5:15pm to watch the official tree lighting and then stop by the following venues to check out their activities:
- The Sloan Museum of Discovery –all four interactive galleries open; Museum Store open; Coffee Beanery Café inside lobby open; Hot Cocoa for purchase
- Longway Planetarium – FREE timed tickets to a sampler of Cosmic Christmas Light Show; tickets available starting at 4:30 p.m. in the E. Kearsley Street tent, first-come, first serve, available one hour prior to each show until the tickets are gone; shows are at 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 8 p.m. No late seating.
- FIM Flint School of Performing Arts – musical performances and family activities; photos in the giant Nutcracker rocking chair (line closes at 7:45 p.m.); hot chocolate and cookies; improv games
- Flint Public Library – children’s crafts; refreshments; Punch & Judy puppet show by Amazing Clark 6-7:30 p.m.; Ringspiration Bell Choir at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Flint Institute of Arts – 6 p.m. showing of The Grinch in the FIA Theatre; make-and-take art projects in the Arts School; hot shop demos; CARS 108 live remote
- FIM Flint Repertory Theatre – holiday cabaret in the Elgood Lobby; special treats
- Applewood – carolers; ice carvings; hot cider and cookies
- FIM Whiting Auditorium – 5:30-8 p.m. free photos with Santa (line closes at 7:30 p.m.); live music by El Ballet Folklórico Mariachi Band
- Flint Cultural Center Academy –refreshments; makers fair (items will be available for purchase)
- Kearsley Street – food trucks available for meal purchases
Can’t make the Holiday Walk? Here are more reasons to visit Flint
- Cosmic Christmas @ Longway Planetarium: The Christmas light show features 16 songs to fill you with cheer, including holiday classics, some new hits, and a few fun oddities, all set to stunning 4k visuals in a festival of Christmas splendor. The show runs from November 25th to December 30th.
- Christmas @ Crossroads: Take a walk through the historic village as it’s decked out for the holidays, watch artisans make vintage crafts and take an evening ride on Huckleberry Railroad. Tickets are available for select dates from November 25th to December 30h.
- Holiday Walk @ For-Mar Nature Preserve & Arboretum: The For-Mar trails and bridges will all be lit up for an evening holiday adventure. Activities will include: Holiday crafts, activities and dancing, campfire, family holiday photos and more. This event is hosted on select dates in December.
Photo credit: Flint Cultural Center