Looking for something fun to do with your pre-k littles? Head to Indian Springs Metropark for the monthly Nature Explorer series.
Join the Indian Springs Environmental Discovery Center’s nature interpreter for Preschool Nature Explorers, a monthly nature program for preschool-aged children (accompanied by an adult). Learn about the theme of the month, read a story, take a walk along the nature trail (.5 mile) and a craft.
The program is designed for kids ages 3 to 6. The class runs from 10am to 11am on Thursdays and costs $3 per child. Attend one class or all of them, you register for each session individually.
- February 2nd: Snow Fun
- March 2nd: Water Everywhere
- April 6th: Life in a Pond
- May 4th: Friends of Flowers
- June 1st: Bubble Fun
You can explore the Indian Springs Environmental Discovery Center for FREE, daily from 9am to 5pm. The Center features hands-on displays and an underwater pond dome, your kids will LOVE!
Indian Springs Metropark Environmental Discovery Center // 5175 Indian Trail, White Lake
Indian Springs isn’t the only Metropark that hosts nature classes, here are other to check out:
- Preschool Nature Hour @ Kensington Nature Center (Fridays at 10am)
- Explorer’s Club @ Oakwoods Nature Center (Saturdays at 10am)
- Kensington Kids Club @ Kensington Nature Center (Saturdays at 10am)
- Tadpoles (Toddler & Parents) @ Oakwoods Nature Center (Saturdays at 10am)
- Homeschool Adventures @ Lake St.Clair Nature Center (Thursday at 9:30am)
- Nature Discovery Hike @ Stony Creek Nature Center (Sundays at 1pm)
- Little Critters @ Lake St. Clair Nature Center (Tuesdays at 10am)
- Youth Gone Wild @ Lake Erie Metropark (Saturdays at 10am & 2pm)