The holiday season kicks off in November. Celebrate Thanksgiving and the Christmas season with tree lighting ceremonies, light shows and even Santa!
Before we jump to Christmas, let’s start with Thanksgiving. Experience the Thanksgiving Day parade in-person and find a Turkey Trot the entire family can run.
- Guide To America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Family-Friendly Turkey Trots In Metro Detroit
- 5 Easy Ways To Volunteer With Kids
Tuesday, November 8th is National STEM Day and a great excuse to remind your kids how fun learning can be.
- 10 Places To Celebrate National STEM Day
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Offers BIG Discount for Scouts Family Days
ELF The Musical
Don’t miss your favorite Buddy at the Fox Theatre! ELF The Musical is in Detroit November 22nd to 27th and we’re giving away tickets! Enter to win.
Attend A Tree Lighting Ceremony
Come together with neighbors (and Santa too) for the annual tradition of turning on the community tree, singing carols and finding the holiday spirit. Find your community’s Tree Lighting Ceremony here.
Take A Family Road Trip
Make the most out of your holiday break or simply escape the hustle and bustle of home, and start making plans for a mini Michigan getaway. From illuminated train rides to Hallmark level Christmas magic, here are the coolest day trips. Another trip to take is to Toledo to experience the Lights Before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo!
Winter Wonderland In Downtown Detroit
Bedrock Detroit is bringing a one-of-a-kind experience to downtown this winter and most of the activities are FREE – including the Artic Slide! Bundle up and get ready for fun, here are a few of the activities you can look forward to at the Monroe Street Midway beginning November 11th.
After the turkey is eaten and football is done, hop right into the Christmas mode:
- Get tickets to a holiday light show – there are both walking and driving experiences to choose from.
- Find your tree at a u-pick farm
- Start making plans – find holiday events to fill your calendar from cities across metro Detroit
Hey mamas! If you’re thinking about taking the next step in your career, check out one of Michigan State University’s Broad College’s Executive MBA program. The college is hosting multiple program preview events this month. Find one that fits your schedule here.