The days may all be a blur but the weekends are a time to refresh. Save time scrolling and check out this list of fun family activities you can do this weekend.
It’s the biggest weekend of the year and we’re kicking off the summer season with the latest issue of LittleGuide Magazine – Summer Edition! Find splash pads, hiking trails, the coolest ice cream shops and travel destinations all in one spot for FREE!
Speaking of Memorial Day Weekend, here a quick list of fun (and FREE) activities to do this weekend.
Honor the sacrifice and legacy of our heroes in the armed forces at a Memorial Day parade. Here is a list of ones happening in metro Detroit.
Want to do something new? Here’s what’s opening up in metro Detroit:
- Dinosauria opens at the Detroit Zoo
- Miniature Golf is open at the Cranbrook Art Museum
- Monroe Street Midway is back for another summer season
Head to the Toledo Zoo this weekend for the Summer Kick-off! The Aquarium Adventure Trail Splash Park and Nature’s Neighborhood playground open for the season and our friends at Laurel’s Princess Parties will be on hand to celebrate with FREE pricess and superhero photo-ops!
Don’t miss this week’s giveaway – enter to win FREE admission for your family to Lily Pad Springs splash pad in West Bloomfield and a family vacation to Michigan’s Adventure in Muskegon!
If you’re ready for a road trip, local mom Jessica Pawl gives out gems for how to plan the perfect trip to Hocking Hills in Ohio.
Make a splash! Sun is in the forecast and splash pads, pools and beaches are opening for summer.
It’s festival and fair season! Here’s a complete list for summer planning and a few that are happening this weekend below:
- Beverly Hills Carnival
- Hazel Park Festival
- Heritage Days Festival (Rochester)
- Canoe Festival (Flint)
Want to sit back and relax with family and friends? Visit Lake St. Clair Metropark on Sunday for the Summer Concert series, sandy beach and splash pad!
This week’s #MomLife feature is local mom Bella. She and her husband are launching a new food delivery service called MI Meal Time and you can always find great pictures from local restaurants and family outtings on her Instagram account. One of her favs is McClumpha Park Splash Pad and it opens this weekend!
Did you miss these exciting announcements?
- Disney On Ice Let’s Celebrate Is Coming To Detroit
- Taylor Hosts FREE Family Fun This Summer At Heritage Park
- Reading & Rhythm On The Riverfront Returns For 2022
- Detroit Riverfront Convervancy Breaks Ground On New $75M Centennial Park
- Jurassic Quest Returns To Novi This Fall
It’s not too late to plan for camp with LittleGuide Detroit’s CAMP Magazine! Find direct links, prices and schedules for over 100 camps across southeast Michigan. The YMCA offers Day Camp AND Overnight Camp at multiple locations across metro Detroit – check it out.
Here are more ideas for the weekend!
CHECK OUT A NEW LIBRARY
VISIT THE PLAYGROUND
- Lower Huron Metropark (Belleville)
- Innovation Hills (Rochester Hills)
- Gallup Park (Ann Arbor)
- Normandy Oaks (Royal Oak)
- Lakeshore Park (Novi)
- McClumpha Park (Plymouth)
- Kiwanis Park (Southgate)
SAY HI TO ANIMALS
- Toledo Zoo (Toledo)
- Wolcott Farm Center (Ray)
- Kensington Farm Center (Milford)
- Domino Farms (Ann Arbor)
- Detroit Zoo (Royal Oak)
- SEALIFE Michigan (Auburn Hills)
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center (Auburn Hills)
- Kidcadia Play Cafe (Dearborn)
- Urban Air Adventure Park (Sterling Heights)
- Rev’d Up Fun (Woodhaven)
- Stemville (Northville)
- Yoyo’s Fun Center (Westland)
- Rochester Play (Rochester)
Find more family events on our Event Calendar!