[vc_row][vc_column width=”3/4″][vcex_image_carousel arrows_position=”abs” dots=”true” items=”1″ tablet_items=”1″ mobile_landscape_items=”1″ img_size=”full” caption=”yes” image_ids=”101443″ arrows_style=”min”][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text] I love holiday books! Each season I bring out our themed collection to enjoy for a few weeks before putting them away again to keep it fresh for the following year. On December 1st, my boys get their first gift of the holiday – a new Christmas book. It’s a fun, simple tradition (and an easy way to support small business).
This year’s book was There’s An Elf In Your Book by Tom Fletcher and it’s been read 50 times already! Fletcher writes interactive stories and my boys LOVE them. If you’re looking to expand your home library, it’s a winner and here are some more favorites too!
Engaging Board Books
- There’s An Elf In Your Book by Tom Fletcher
- Merry Christmas, Little Pookie by Sandra Boynton
- The Little Reindeer Who Lost His Presents by Jedda Robaard
- Where’s Santa Claus? by Nosy Crow
- A Christmas Carol by Jennifer Adams
- The Nutcracker In Harlem by T.E. McMorrow
- Winter Candle by Jeron Ashford
- Miracle on 133rd Street by Sonia Manzano
- Between Us and Abuela by Mitali Perkins
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- If You Take A Mouse To The Movies by Laura Numeroff
- Dream Snow by Eric Carle
Fun New(er) Finds
- Vegetables in Holiday Underwear by Jared Chapman
- I Got the Christmas Spirit by Connie Schofield-Morrison
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas by Jane Yolen
- Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner
- Little Blue Truck’s Christmas by Alice Schertle
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..