February is a short month and it’s easy to fill it up with family fun around town with these COOL activities.
Spend Time Outside
Here’s to lots of snow and plenty of hours spent outside.
- Our Favorite Sledding Hills In Metro Detroit
- 4 Best Local Places To Ski
- Metro Detroit Family Hiking Guide
- Outdoor Ice Rinks In Metro Detroit
- Top Spots for Snow Tubing In Michigan
Check Out A NEW Exhibit
When you need to stay in from the cold, head to a local museum and check out a new exhibition – there’s something for everyone.
- Hot Wheels™: Race to Win exhibit @ Sloan Museum (Burton)
- Wild Kratts: Creature Power! @ Impressions 5 (Lansing)
- King Tutankhamun: “Wonderful Things” from the Pharaoh’s Tomb @ Wright Museum (Detroit)
- Apollo: When We Went To The Moon @ The Henry Ford (Dearborn)
Go Big For Valentine’s Day
Make Valentine’s Day extra special this year and surprise your littles with treats to eat and sweet craft and story time ideas. Get dinner everyone will love and order heart shaped pizza from Hungry Howie’s!
- Local Valentine’s Day Sweets + Treats For Kids
- 5 Easy Kid Crafts For Valentine’s Day
- Valentine Meals Your Kids Will Love
- 12 Valentine’s Board Books For Kids
Go To A Winter Festival
Stay close to home or take a road trip and check out the World of Winter festival in Grand Rapids – it’s FREE and a great time for kids of all ages!
- Ice Carving Festival (Ann Arbor)
- Ice Festival (Plymouth)
- Winter Blast Weekend (Royal Oak)
- Ice & Snow Fest (Grosse Pointe Shores)
- Winterfest (Southfield)
President Scavenger Hunt In Detroit
President’s Day is Monday, February 21st. Make your history lessons a bit more fun with a game of Eye Spy. We put together a President Scavenger Hunt you can do in Detroit that the whole family will enjoy.
Keep Cabin Fever At Bay
Pull out your swimsuits and floaties and get ready for an indoor waterpark! Here’s a list of the best ones to visit in Michigan. Stay safe and have fun at Aqua-Tots Swim School, enter to win 3 months of lessons FREE from LittleGuide Detroit!
Win Tickets To A Show
Photo credit: Bowers School Farm