My parents drove me through Wayne County Lightfest when I was a kid and I love carrying on the tradition with my boys! The 4.5 mile drive features 50 light displays and runs from November 16th to December 24th.
If you’ve never been to Wayne County Lightfest, this is the year to go. The 4.5 mile holiday display along Hines Drive is my family’s oldest tradition and the price hasn’t changed – it’s only $5 per car! Lightfest is open Wednesdays – Sundays from 6pm to 10pm thru December 24th.
Let the kids wear their pajamas in the car, put on your holiday playlist (Joanna Gaines made a good one and here’s my personal favorite) and take in the lights. The relaxing ride is magical for kids of all ages, a great opportunity to talk about what you’re excited to do during the holidays and there’s a good chance the kids fall asleep on the car ride home.
On Toy Nights, visitors can donate a new, unwrapped toy in lieu of paying the car entrance fee. 2023 Toy Nights are Wednesdays, November 22 & 29, December 6 & 13, 2023.
Wayne County Lightfest is open Wednesday through Sunday from 6pm to 10pm. The entrance is 7651 N. Merriman Road in Westland.
Attend the kick-off week events for Lightfest:
- Tuesday, November 14th: Bike Through The Lights
- Light up your bike and be the first to see the Hines Drive display on a 16k ride. Online registration required. Registration after November 10th is $35 per adult and $25 for kids.
- Wednesday, November 15th: Lightfest 8k Fun Run/Walk
- Bundle up and get ready to run (or walk) through the light display. Registration required.
- Thursday, November 16th: Lights On Celebration
- Gather for opening night of Lightfest and enjoy music, refreshments, Mr and Mrs. Claus, and FIREWORKS!