Winter Blast returns in February 2023 at its new location in downtown Royal Oak. The FREE family event is scheduled for February 17th through 19th and offers a ‘cool’ time for all ages.
Winter Blast has a new location but the same popular events including an outdoor skating rink, ice sculptures, live music, family activities, marshmallow roasters, the Winter Slide and zip line! The Royal Oak Farmer’s Market parking lot will be turned into an ice rink with free open skate and rental skates available for a small fee. Here are highlights your littles will love:
- The Rink: Courtesy of Oakland County, you can skate for free with rental skates available for $5. Skates will be available in sizes 9 & up for kids and up to size 14 for adults. You may also bring your own skates if you prefer.
- Huntington Bank Family Fun: After the kids take a spin around the rink, they can warm up with the following activities, available from 11am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday. Hands-on activities and live demonstrations will be put on by Michigan Science Center, Arts & Scraps, Magic with Randly Lee, Kevin Devin Kids Musicand more
- Ice Garden: The beautifully carved and lighted sculptures will make for festive scenery, perfect for memorable family photos. On-site ice carving demonstrations also will take place during the festival.
- Kids Adventure Zone: This mini-carnival includes a Swing Ride, Climbing Wall, Wizzer Ride and a Pirate ship! Tickets will be available for $5.00 per ride, or $20.00 for 5 rides.
- Mt. Brighton Learn to Ski & Snowboard Experience: No snow, no problem – Mt. Brighton is bringing a complete experience that will give visitors the opportunity to get fitted for ski or snowboard gear and go down a beginner-level slope with the help of Mt. Brighton Ski and Ride School instructors.
- Zip Line Rides: Thrill-seekers will be lining up to experience the ultimate rush of flying 300 feet across the sky — the length of a football field! The Zip Line Adventure will take place on 3rd Street just east of Troy and tickets are $15 each or 2 for $25. Riders must be at least 30 pounds.
The festival will take place east of Main and South of 11 Mile near the Royal Oak Farmer’s Market and Centennial Park.
- Friday, February 17 // 4pm to 11pm
- Saturday, February 18 // 11am to 11pm
- Sunday, February 19 // 11am to 8pm