For over 170 years the YMCA of Metro Detroit has been helping families benefit from the Y; never turning people away because of their inability to pay. The Y For All Membership Program is another way The Y makes sure everyone in our community can achieve health, gain confidence, make connections and feel secure at every stage of life. Families with a household income lower than $49,000 annually can qualify for a $40 monthly membership. Learn if you qualify here.
A family membership to The YMCA includes asccess to 7 local wellness centers across metro Detroit, FREE fitness classes, FREE use facilities and equipment (including indoor pools!), FREE on-site child care and invitations to special events throughout the year.
For families who do not qualify for the ‘Y For All’ program, a standard family membership is only $89 a month and covers two individuals and their dependents age 26 years and under living in the same household – that’s less than $3 per day!
Whether it’s a traditional membership or ‘Y For All’ here are the reasons the YMCA is right for your family:
- Child Watch: The biggest hurdle for parents is often child care and The Y offers FREE child care services. Whether mom or dad need to drop the kids off while they work out or if one child needs to be supervised while another is in a lesson, this service makes it a lot easier to make plans.
- Fully Equip Fitness Centers: Whether you’re body building, strength trainings or simply look for steps on the treadmill, the Y’s fitness centers have everything you need for your workout – including private trainers.
- FREE Group Exercise Classes: Members of The YMCA don’t pay extra for fitness classes. From Bootcamp and Barre to Yoga and Aquatics, enjoy drop-in group fitness classes for no additional costs.
- Camp Discounts: The YMCA offers affordable school-break and summer camp options for kids ages 3 and older, members receive special discounts.
- Youth Classes: Gymnastics, dance, basketball, soccer, The Y offers the most popular children’s activities in one convenient location.
- Innovative Programs: The YMCA has been around for 170 years but it keeps up with the times. Kids can register for the Esports League or Y Media Works programs to be active in technology too.
- Youth Empowerment: Girls on the Run and STRIDE are two unique programs available to kids ages 8 to 13 that use running to support physical and mental wellness.
- Indoor Pools: Get out the house and make a splash any time of the year in the aquatic centers that include splash pad features, slides and hot tubs.
- Community: The YMCA is a non-profit organization that does more than offer services to its members, it supports the community as a whole. From providing weekly free food boxes to hosting sport sampling events in different neighborhoods and holiday parties. The Y is for everyone – and you can feel good about that.