If you’re looking for a gift to give to friends and family (and that includes your own), check out the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit. The iconic community center offers health and wellness services at 7 locations across southeast Michigan with unique programs and activities that are great for all ages.
Reasons Mom & Dad will love a family membership to the YMCA:
- Child Watch: The biggest hurdle for parents is often child care and The Y offers FREE child care services. Whether mom or dad need to drop the kids off while they work out or if one child needs to be supervised while another is in a lesson, this service makes it a lot easier to make plans.
- Fully Equip Fitness Centers: Whether you’re body building, strength trainings or simply look for steps on the treadmill, the Y’s fitness centers have everything you need for your workout – including private trainers.
- FREE Group Exercise Classes: Members of The YMCA don’t pay extra for fitness classes. From Bootcamp and Barre to Yoga and Aquatics, enjoy drop-in group fitness classes for no additional costs.
- Camp Discounts: The YMCA offers affordable school-break and summer camp options for kids ages 3 and older, members receive special discounts.
Reasons kids love The YMCA:
- Youth Classes: Gymnastics, dance, basketball, soccer, The Y offers the most popular children’s activities in one convenient location.
- Innovative Programs: The YMCA has been around for 170 years but it keeps up with the times. Kids can register for the Esports League or Y Media Works programs to be active in technology too.
- Youth Empowerment: Girls on the Run and STRIDE are two unique programs available to kids ages 8 to 13 that use running to support physical and mental wellness.
Reasons the whole family will want a YMCA membership:
- Indoor Pools: Get out the house and make a splash any time of the year in the aquatic centers that include splash pad features, slides and hot tubs.
- Community: The YMCA is a non-profit organization that does more than offer services to its members, it supports the community as a whole. From providing weekly free food boxes to hosting sport sampling events in different neighborhoods and holiday parties. The Y is for everyone – and you can feel good about that.
YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit Locations:
- Boll Family YMCA (Detroit)
- Birmingham Family YMCA (Birmingham)
- Carls Family YMCA (Milford)
- Farmington Family YMCA (Farmington)
- Macomb Family YMCA (Mount Clemens)
- South Oakland Family YMCA (Royal Oak)
- Downriver Family YMCA (Southgate)
Photo credit: Southgate Star