Today, nearly a year into the pandemic, swim lessons remain as important as ever. After all, drowning doesn’t pause for a pandemic. When kids and parents are desperate for distractions, longer bath times or the possibility of unsupervised water access increase risk of drowning. And drowning is already the single leading cause of death for children ages 1 to 4, and it’s one of the top causes of death for teens.
Giving children the knowledge to find air, roll over, and get out of the water are all invaluable skills that’s need for more places then the beach. These skills and more can be learned in swim lessons and signing up for swim class is as important as ever. Not only does it equip your child with the ability to be by water safely, it also gives everyone an opportunity to get out the house and engage with teachers and other kids.
Aqua-Tots Swim Schools provides year-round swimming lessons for kids of all ages, including swim lessons for babies and toddlers. The world-renowned swimming instruction and “safety first, fun every second” approach features water safety certified swim instructors, a family-friendly environment, and state-of-the-art facility with a comfortable 90° pool.
- Auburn Hills – 750 Brown Rd., Auburn Hills, MI 48326
- Canton – 43335 Joy Road, Canton, MI 48187
- Dearborn – 24365 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48124
- Farmington Hills – 31221 W 14 Mile Rd., Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Novi – 44225 W. 12 Mile Rd., Ste. 103, Novi, MI 48377
- Sterling Heights – 44891 Hayes Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Troy – 846 E. Big Beaver Rd., Troy, MI 48083
- Woodhaven – 21621 Allen Rd., Woodhaven, MI 48183
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..