The Festival of Lights (also known as Hanukkah, Chanukah or Hannukkah) begins on December 18th and there are lots of events happening around town. Here’s a list of events to to make sure you enjoy 8 “not too crazy” nights.
Kids Make Shabbat! (Ann Arbor)
- December 15 – Each child will help prepare a Shabbat meal, including Challah, Salads, Meatballs, Kugel and Dessert for the Family Shabbat Dinner that will take place on Friday, December 16 at 5:30 PM at the Chabad House.
- Wednesday, December 15 – Create a colorful Menorah to light up your Hanukkah Holiday.
- December 18 & 25 – Families can enjoy bounce houses, crafts, live entertainment and workshops.
- Sunday, December 18 – The Menorah In The D is a 26′ menorah which stands in downtown Detroit during Chanuka, join the annual lighting ceremony and enjoy festivities in the city. RSVP is required.
- Monday, December 19 – Join a fun glow Hanukkah celebration, candle lighting and dinner and then hop on the bus to Beaumont where you will join Moonbeams for Sweet Dreams and shine flashlights to remind pediatric patients they aren’t alone and wish them sweet dreams.
- Monday, December 19 – Take part in a variety of family friendly Chanukah activities, enjoy the traditional Chanukah delicacies and join the 8th annual lighting of the Art Menorah.
- Wednesday, December 21 – Head to downtown Royal Oak for a giant LEGO Menorah lighting, ice dreidel carving, donut decorating and filling station, children’s activity zone and Grand Gelt Drop.
- Thursday, December 22 – Enjoy the grand menorah lighting, fire juggler show, latkes and donuts, and more fun for all ages.
Photo credit: Jewish News