The Michigan Science Center is bringing back its popular FREE Traveling Science Program on Wednesday, August 24th and the first 50 LittleGuide Detroit readers to attend can also receive FREE admission into the museum that day too!
The Michigan Science Center, is bringing back its popular Traveling Science Program and to celebrate the museum is hosting a FREE public event on Wednesday, August 24, from 10 am to 12pm that will include live science demonstrations from MiSci educators. Two spotlight activities include:
- Food Web Jenga: Add and remove blocks from this game of Jenga to represent different events that affect the stability of an ocean ecosystem and appreciate how small changes in the ecology of an ocean environment can have a large impact!
- Frostology: See some ‘cool’ effects on solids, liquids, and gases as we use liquid nitrogen in this large-scale science demo show.
After the outdoor activities, head inside to experience over 220+ interactive exhibits and live demonstrations for the price of general admission. A few popular exhibits include:
- POPnology! – Now Through September 30th. Experience POPnology this summer free with general admission at the Michigan Science Center! This unique experience blends pop artifacts, Hollywood, science and technology into one amazing, 8,000 square foot exhibit.
- STEM Playground– Stop by the STEM Playground to learn about the forces acting on an airplane, how to position a sail to be able to travel into the wind, how engineers design everything around us, and the importance of planning and foundation when building.
- Nano Gallery – Hands-on exhibits present the basics of nano science and engineering, introduce some real world applications, and explore the societal and ethical implications of this new technology.
- Space Gallery – Marvel at the wonders of the universe as you explore the history of human space travel, learn about rocket technology, tour the galaxy, travel to the sun and more.
The first 50 LittleGuide Detroit readers who visit the Michigan Science Center on Wednesday, August 24th will receive FREE admission between 10am and 4pm. Register for FREE tickets here.
If you’re unable to attend Wednesday, Michigan Science Center is open Wednesdays to Sunday from 10am to 4pm. Admission is $14 for kids ages 2 to 15 and $18 for guests 16+. The museum is a member of the Museums for All program and families can receive $3 admission for up to 4 people when you show your SNAP/EBT card.
Michigan Science Center // 5020 John R. Street, Detroit, MI 48202
Photo credit: Source – Popnology Exhibit