Michigan Theater’s Not Just For Kids series brings your favorite characters to life live on stage. Get tickets to these traveling productions this year.
Our favorite bedtime reads are being reimagined, surprise your kids with a chance to see Ada Twist and Dog Man in real life!
Ada Twist & Friends: Sunday, March 17th @ 2pm
This fun musical, steps inside Ms. Greer classroom and shines the spotlight on Ada Twist, Scientist; Rosie Revere, Engineer; and Iggy Peck, Architect by Andrea Beaty, which spotlights the STEM curriculum (focusing on science, technology, engineering and math). Recommended Ages: Grades K through 4. Get tickets here
Dog Man – The Musical: Sunday, May 5th @ 2pm
Dog Man: The Musical is a hilarious production based on the worldwide bestselling series from Dav Pilkey, the creator of Captain Underpants and Cat Kid Comic Club. Get a front seat look of best buds George and Harold as they level up their comic creating and bring their favorite character to life! Get tickets here
6 Authors Our Kids Love
Whether it’s bedtime, weekly homework, or the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Challenge,at reading is always a good idea. If you want to expand your reading list, here are authors that our kids love.
- We love the fast-paced rhyme books that share stories of the students (and teacher) of Blue River Creek’s 2nd grade classroom. Andrea Beaty’s picture book series is so popular, with chapter books now too.
- You probably already have Sandra Boynton in your book collection, but if you don’t, her jazzy board books are so fun your kids will enjoy them for years to come.
- Dave Pilkey may have been your favorite author as a kid (Captain Underpants remains as popular as ever), but his newer Dog Man series and Cat Kid also top this generation’s favorite lists.
- Parents will relate, as kids delight in the stories of the Interrupting Chicken (it’s a series on AppleTV too). David Ezra Stein’s book series is darling, and he has other picture books to check out as well.
- We’ll always have fond memories of Mo Willems hosting virtual drawing workshops during quarantine. It helped during a hard time and made the stories of Gerald, Piggy and Pigeon more memorable at bedtime.
- Suzanne Lang’s Grumpy Monkey series is growing in popularity and our kids love to hear about (and can relate to) Jim Panzee’s big feelings. Lang also has other relatable books about different kinds of families and kids.