Get ready to dance and roll at Monroe Street Midway for one last time in Downtown Detroit! The summer sensation closes out its final season after Labor Day and you’ll want to check it out before it’s too late.
In addition to the Rollercade, Sports Zone, and Mini-Golf, the Monroe Street Midway is hosting weekly special events in August:
- Friday Skating Lessons @ 3pm
- Fitness Fridays @ 7pm
- Dino’s In the D – currently all slots are filled but stay tuned for more openings
Guests to the Midway can always enjoy these activities too:
- Rollout Detroit Roller Rink: Bring your skate or rent some to take laps around the rink. It costs $13 per person and includes skate rental. Walk-ins are welcome but you can also reserve your time online here.
- Rocket Mortgage Sports Zone: Two half-court basketball courts and one full-court, multi-use sports area for basketball and pickleball are free to the public on a first-come-first-serve basis, made possible by the Rocket Community Fund. FREE
- Playground-Style Activations: New this year, the Midway will have a series of LED swings and seesaws for everyone to enjoy. FREE
- Mini Golf: Play some putt-putt on an enhanced 9-hole mini golf course. Mini golf is free to the public on a first-come-first-serve basis. FREE
- Original Artwork: See artwork by renowned Detroit artists including Sheefy McFly, Olivia Guterson, Tony Whlgn, India Solomon, David Rubello and Marlo Broughton featured throughout the Midway.
- Food and Beverage: Grab a variety of treats from concession stands.
The Midway is open Thursday – Saturday from 12pm to 7pm (closes at 11pm for guests 21+) and Sundays from 12pm to 9pm. It’s final day is Monday, September 4th (Labor Day) and it will be open from 12pm to 9pm.
A list of nearby parking garages can be found here. All garages are equipped with ADA accessible parking spaces near elevators and entrances.
Address: 32 Monroe St, Detroit, MI 48226