With 110 acres of green space and an all new playground + sensory garden set to open this summer, Innovation Hills in Rochester Hills is a fun park for families and kids to explore.
We visited Innovation Hills to check out the progress of the park and had a great time exploring the trails and scoping out the construction of the new treehouse playground and sensory garden. The playground is currently under development but the 1 mile paved trail + ADA accessible boardwalk are open to the public and perfect for strollers and little legs to walk, bike or scoot!
- Children’s Sensory Garden + Pollinator Garden (set to open Summer 2021)
- 3 acre Accessible Nature Playground (set to open Summer 2021)
- 1 mile paved/boardwalk trail + various dirt trails along the Clinton River
- Glowing pavement + solar lights along the paved trail
- Little Free Library
- Ponds, waterfall + grassy climbing hills
- Fishing at Clinton River (DNR regulations apply)
- Indoor bathrooms + drinking fountain (currently closed due to Covid)
- Benches situated along entire 1 mile paved trail
- Picnic tables
- Cell phone charging stations + doggy bag stations
- Kayak launch along the Clinton River (seasonal)
Additional Local Family Fun:
- Clinton River Trail
- TreeRunner Adventure Park (Rochester)
- Riverside Park Playground + Splash Pad (Auburn Hills)
- Twist ‘N Dip Ice Cream Shop (Auburn Hills)
Innovation Hills // 2800 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
- Park Hours: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
About Ashley Hubbbard-Porter
Ashley Porter is a Chicago native who now calls Birmingham home. Ashley and her husband Mike and son Jake love attending local festivals, exploring Detroit’s diverse food scene, and venturing outside of Metro Detroit to enjoy the natural beauty of Michigan. With a background in Early Childhood Education, Ashley loves connecting with and supporting families in her community, which is why she is so excited to be a part of LittleGuide Detroit.