Close out the year with festive fun. From FREE holiday fun to indoor adventures during school break and Noon Year Eve celebrations, here’s what’s happening in metro Detroit this December.
Spend Time Downtown
Ice skate under the Detroit Christmas Tree at The Rink, shop the holiday market, cozy up at Cadillac Lodge and have (FREE) fun with the family at the Monroe Street Midway. Downtown is magical this time of year and you don’t want to miss it.
Find A Light Show
As we wait for solstice, take advantage of the early evening and make plans for a family outing under the lights.
Enjoy FREE Family Fun
You don’t have to break the budget this month. Plan FREE activities to enjoy when kids are home during school break. Be sure to check our event calendar to find special events happening on the day you need.
Celebrate The Season
Brighten up the holiday with a special event in the community, whether you’re celebrating Christmas, Chanukah or Kwanzaa, here are some local activities to try. Be sure to check our event calendar to find Santa and events with his reindeer.
Check Out A Special Exhibit
School will be out of session and if you need ideas for what to do, check out these special exhibits at local museums:
- Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume @ The Henry Ford (ends Jan. 1)
- SUE: The T. rex Experience @ Cranbrook Institute of Science
- Rube Goldberg: The World of Hilarious Invention @ Impressions 5 (ends Jan. 8)
- The Pigeon Comes to Grand Rapids: A Mo Willems Exhibit @ Grand Rapids Children’s Museum (ends Jan. 8)
Hit The Road
When you need a change of scenery or to shake up the daily routine, hit the road and explore Michigan’s top holiday spots.
Noon Years Eve Celebration
Welcome 2023 a little early with a Noon Year’s Eve event.
- Noon Year’s Eve @ Southfield Public Library (Wed. Dec. 28)
- Harry Potter Ball Drop @ Farmington’s Riley Skate Park (Sat. Dec. 31)
- Noon Year’s Eve Celebration @ Downtown Southgate (Sat. Dec. 31)
- Noon Year’s Eve @ Toledo Zoo (Sat. Dec. 31)
Photo credit: Bedrock – Monroe Street Midway